We are delighted to present the following keynote speakers:
• FRANCES M. ASHCROFT, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Oxford, UK:
"Sweetness and Light: Impaired metabolic regulation of insulin secretion in Diabetes"
• DAVID CLAPHAM, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA
• KARL DEISSEROTH, Stanford University, Dept. of Bioengineering, USA
• THOMAS J. JENTSCH, Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Molekulare Pharmakologie MDC Berlin, Germany: "Properties and physiological roles of the volume-regulated anion channel VRAC"
• ERWIN NEHER, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany:
"Short-term Plasticity at a Glutamatergic Synapse"